The services Midwest Surveys provides are considered an essential service, therefore we are still open and operating. The majority of our employees who work out of our 11 offices are now working remotely from home, while our field staff have been provided with safe work protocols and checklists outlining responsible social distancing, personal hygiene, and cleaning measures. We will continue to adhere by the Federal, Provincial, and Municipal government’s guidelines to ensure we can continue to carry out services, while maintaining the protection of our employees, clients, and members of the communities in which we live and work.
Midwest Surveys’ dedicated Utility Services team is built upon a recent acquisition of Boundary Technical Group whose niche expertise rests in powerline projects. This team of professionals and experienced crew chiefs carry with them an impressive 35 years of experience lending knowledge and understanding in both large and small power projects. Our survey services support the planning, design, layout, and construction of power generation, transmission, substation, and distribution facilities.
- Shallow Utilities: 3 and 4 Party Facilities and Centerline of Trench with Grades
- Underground and Overhead Distribution Staking
- Transmission Line Structure Design Staking and Construction Staking
- Centerline and Right of Way Boundary Staking
- Transmission Line Route Topographic Surveys
- Substation Surveys: Greenfield and Brownfield
- Line Profiling
- As Built Surveys
- Cadastral (Legal) Surveys
- Route Planning: Constraints Mapping using LiDAR, Air Photos, Various Data Layers
- Individual Ownership Plans (IOPs)
- Crossing Drawings
- Construction Drawings and Route Maps
- Crossing Agreements