The addition of UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) to our Virtual Survey Solutions means we now have the capability to collect survey grade aerial imagery and 3D terrain models in an efficient, effective and accurate manner. This geo-referenced data has resolutions as sharp as 1.5cm per pixel providing crystal clear imagery for a variety of applications in the oil and gas, mining and municipal sectors.
Watch a Fly through!
This fly-through river profile model is generated using images collected with Midwest Surveys’ UAV and processed in-house by our GIS professionals. The 3D model of the riverbed is generated using photogrammetry and hundreds of nadir images of the river valley along with GPS tagged control points. This model can be used to extract measurements and coordinates and to analyze slope and river condition. This type of work is best completed with a multi-rotor UAV which can be safely maneuvered within the Right-of-Way.
See the Difference – High Definition Aerial Imagery
Applications and Products
UAV data can be processed to provide such products as:
- Orthomosaic Imagery
- Georeferenced Imagery
- 3D point clouds
- 3D models of landscapes and/or structures
- Bare Earth Hillshades
3D Fly Through Tours
Line of sight analysis
Feature and path extraction from imagery
Oblique Images of sites and structures
HD Still Images
HD Video of sites
The products above can be used in such applications as:
- Oil & Gas – Right-of-Way planning, lease planning, site surveys
- Power lines – Right-of-Way planning, convergence of vegetation
- Telecommunications – Right-of-Way planning, obstruction analysis (Line of sight)
- Transportation – Mapping, profiles, cross sections, cut & fill volumes, planning
- Utilities – Right-of-Way planning
- Environmental Monitoring – Vegetation density, shoreline mapping
- Forestry – vegetation density
- Mining – Volume calculations, environmental impact
- Municipal Developments – Grading, drainage, contours, planning, visual impact assessment
Licensing and Safety
Midwest Surveys is fully licensed to use UAV’s for commercial purposes under our blanket SFOC (Special Flight Operations Certificate) from Transport Canada dictating the safe and responsible use of the UAV. We are currently licensed and insured in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Yukon, and North West Territories.
For a price quote, or more about our UAV services, please contact our sales department.