Our Safety Promise
Since Midwest Surveys’ inception, the company has maintained a dedicated commitment to effective health, safety and environmental programs. Today, that commitment is stronger than ever, ensuring that Midwest Surveys meets or exceeds the standards set by our clients, the industry, and local regulatory groups.
Health and Safety Program
The company maintains a detailed and comprehensive Corporate Health and Safety Program to protect the health and safety of its workers, client personnel, and all others involved in its business activities. The goal of the program is to help Midwest Surveys become an accident-free organization. Toward that goal, the Health and Safety Program includes the following components:
- An expectation of commitment to safety from all employees
- Integration of safety into all aspects of operations
- Compliance with all applicable legislation and regulations
- Fostering of open communication across all levels of the company
- Holding personnel at all levels accountable for meeting their safety responsibilities
Regular training, safety meetings and written communication ensure our staff is working at the highest possible level of health and safety within the industry. Through these efforts, Midwest Surveys was recognized with a “Certificate of Recognition” from Alberta Labour – Occupational Health and Safety.
At Midwest Surveys, we view a commitment to environmental protection as critical to our overall success as a company. To meet this commitment, Midwest has established the following standards for environmentally responsible operations:
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations governing the protection of the environment
- Inclusion of environmental considerations in all aspects of job planning and field activities
- Actively ensure that all employees are aware of applicable environmental regulations
- Consult with clients, regulatory agencies and outside professionals to ensure the best practices relative to environmental protection are followed
- Establish emergency response plans where such plans are required by regulation or where the company’s work creates a potential risk to the environment
- Report to appropriate authorities any incidents that may have a detrimental impact on the environment
For more information, please contact Midwest’s Corporate HSE Manager in the Calgary Office.